Psalm 91 is one of my favorite Scriptures. I have memorized it and pray it every day over myself personally and over my family. My confidence in God’s Word, and His ability to perform His Word, has increased tremendously simply by meditating this passage on a daily basis. I would like to put it down exactly as I say it, which is a combination of the King James Version and the Amplified Version of the Bible. I pray that you will read it carefully and allow the Holy Spirit to minister His grace to your heart.
1. “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the Shadow of the Almighty, Whose power no foe can withstand. I will say of the Lord, You are my Refuge and my Fortress, my God, on You I lean and rely and in You I confidently trust. Surely, You shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence. You shall cover me with Your feathers and under Your wings shall I trust and find refuge. Your Truth and Faithfulness are my shield and buckler.
5. I shall not be afraid of the arrow that flies by day, for the pestilence that walks in darkness, or the destruction that comes at noonday. A thousand shall fall at my side, ten-thousand at my right hand, but it will not come near me. Only a spectator shall I be, myself inaccessible in the Secret Place of the Most High, as I witness the reward of the wicked. Because I have made You Lord, my refuge, even You Most High, my habitation, there shall no evil befall me, neither shall any plague come near my dwelling. For You shall give Your angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways. They shall bear me up in their hands lest I dash my foot against a stone. I shall tread upon the lion and adder, the young lion and serpent shall I trample under foot.
14. Because Russ has set his love upon Me, therefore, will I deliver him. I will set Russ on high because he has known My Name, and has personal knowledge of My Mercy, Love, and Kindness, and knows that I will never leave him nor forsake him, no never. Russ shall call upon Me and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver Russ and honor him, and with long life will I satisfy Russ and show him My Salvation.”
GLORY TO GOD! I like making the Scripture personal by inserting my name. I want you to pay special attention to the seven promises God makes in the last part, IF we do what the chapter says: IF we DWELL in the secret place of the Most High and ABIDE under His shadow; IF we make Him our REFUGE and lean and rely on Him; IF we make Him our habitation…the place where we live; IF we set our love upon Him.
(1) He WILL deliver us. Deliver us from what? Anything that is contrary to the will of God for our lives…. anything that would try to destroy us… from all our fears…. from the evil in this present age!
(2) He WILL set us on high. The Bible says, “And (He) has raised us up together, and made us sit together in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” We are the head and not the tail, above only and not beneath!
(3) He WILL answer us when we pray. Some people say that God doesn’t answer prayer, but this Scripture tells us exactly what God will do when we call on His Name. He will answer!
(4) He WILL be with us in trouble. God is not an absentee Father. He is always with us and comforting us in times of need. He is our refuge in times of trouble.
(5) He WILL honor us. God honors us by; keeping His covenant with us; by calling us His sons; by rewarding us; by being with us and taking part in our lives.
(6) He WILL satisfy us with long life. Enough said! Hallelujah!
(7) He WILL show us His salvation. This word “salvation” in the Hebrew is yĕshuw`ah which means, salvation, deliverance, welfare, prosperity, salvation (by God), and victory! That my friends is JESUS!
I pray that you will begin to quote the 91st Psalm over your own life and see how your faith and confidence in God begins to grow stronger and stronger! Be Blessed!